miercuri, 6 august 2008

Birthdays

As I child I have always thought of birthdays as opportunities for parties, having all my friends in the same place at the same time and well, parties :D. Having grown, though my excitement for parties didn't change, I started hating birthdays!
I couldn't quite get why a lot of people hate their birthdays, but now, becoming 18 in 10 days made me understand exactly what they felt. I'll soon be allowed to drink, drive, smoke, all legally and this thought completely freaks me out.
However, I didn't want to talk only about the 18th birthdays - this is a special case, I wanted to talk about birthdays in general. I've reached that age - perhaps a bit early - when birthdays make you feel old in a bad way. As a child, having grown a year was like the 8th wonder of the world. You felt mature, and you wanted to become more mature. Afterwards, everyone wants to be a child.

Life's interesting.

2 comentarii:

Xid spunea...

oh, don't get so depressed. now, look at the bright side: when you turn 18 you are legally allowed to do all the things you already done as as a child :D - if you know what i mean :))

Anonim spunea...

i'm not so happy to get 18, that makes me one year older